Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another Bad Presentation

Last week I was at a Telstra function.

One of the speakers was from Cisco and it was a really, really, really bad presentation. Half an hour of rambling with no point, no start, no middle and no end.

I walked out of the session wondering if anyone at Cisco actually sat through the presentation before they let this guy loose on an unsuspecting public. The presentation was delivered by the guy who claimed he was going to drive Cisco's push into the SMB market with reasonably priced, high performance equipment, blah, blah, blah...

I mean even the Microsoft presentation, long and wordy as it was held my interest far more than this Cisco thing did, it had a focus. The Cisco thing, didn't, it had no focus and I didn't know what was being pitched. It was a bad presentation and there was no other way to look at it.

There was no story to compel me to listen. There was no "here's the problem and now let me show you how we're going to solve it for you".

It was just a bland recitation of fact.

I left the session with no new information and no new insights other than feeling like I'd wasted half an hour.

In reality I blame Telstra for this. Where were their guys checking on the quality of the presentation before having it inflicted on the invited customers?

This is no way to drum up new business.

No comments:

Post a Comment