Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The HP Soap Opera Continues

I saw a couple of comments from Meg Whitman on the weekend.

Oh…are HP shareholders so screwed. They are going to elevate ankle grabbing to an art form.

She was quoted as saying

“I have run a large company -- not obviously as large as HP, but I have run a very large company,” she said. “While I don’t have years of experience in an enterprise business, I bought a lot of software. I was one of the largest enterprise customers in Silicon Valley.”

One genius at Deutsche Bank responded with “That’s like saying, I’ve bought an iPhone so I can run Apple”.

I can’t say I disagree with him and I’m sure a whole lot of HP stock holders aren’t too far behind given quotes like the one above.

I hope the board of HP has started the hunt for their next temporary appointment to the role of HP CEO.



No comments:

Post a Comment